Sunday, October 15, 2006


Sometimes you teach sometimes you are taught.

THE OBVIOUS

So squish A comes up with a red balloon and a smile and ask, "Where is the ka su?"
That is phonetically written of course. So I look at her puzzled and say, "Cashew?", taking her to the dry storage and start pulling out the nuts.
"No, Momma, Ka Su?!!!" A says again somewhat frustrated. I take her to the closet and start pulling out costumes, "Costume?", I say.
"No, Mom Ka Su, where is the Ka Su!!" A is still patient but more demanding. Oh do you want a, "tissue?" Mom asks
"No, ka su!!!" A has lost patience
Momma is getting panicky
Ka Su, Ka Su what the hell or rather where the hell is a Ka Su!!!!!
A looks at me and then asks, "Don't you understand English?, a Ka Su!!!"
Yes Squish A who just recently turned three and I mean recently just put my grasp of the English language on the line!!!! Now the horrible part is that this child had a point and what is it that she was looking for?

Well a friggin Kazoo of course just like she said...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just don't use that word that often, in your defense of course. I mean at least in the everyday adult world. I don't know it may be a very common noun in the home with three year old twins.

Maggie said...

The kazoo was conveniently tucked away in my sock drawer, seems I must have gotten frustrated hearing it and decided to put it out of sight for awhile. It is now back in her paws. Maybe she will bring it to NaNas and Pop POps tomorrow. Was that you dad?

Kate G said...

Since I haven't spoken 3ism in quite some time that was a "don't get" for me but hey, that's all about parenting... what dear... sure whatever you want...

good call on the find. see I would have never gotten it but you won this round..... ding ding, next.

keep 'em coming.

Maggie said...

hmmmmmm the mystery grows. Yes Danny still has hope.

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh.
Ok maggie what is the thing with the yellow and pink wings

Maggie said...

I'm going on a limb here and guessing you are referring to the pinata they had at the bday party?

Anonymous said...

OH GOD, YOUR ARE TOO DAMN FUNNY!! WHAT'S A SQUISH?...REFERENCING YOUR CHILDREN?

Maggie said...

yep the ducklings.

Anonymous said...

Hey Maggie...I love your blogs. You're quite the writer. I'm sure I'll be experiencing this soon. Madison is 15 months now and starting to talk. Talk to you soon...

Anonymous said...

yeah! finally nothing about OSHA, etc....ugh! I like these kinds of stories!

Maggie said...

SINCE MOST AMERICANS SPEND 98% OF THERE TIME INDOORS SEEMS THAT INDOOR AIR SHOULD INTEREST EVERYONE .......MY OLD BLOG WAS ALL IAQ.