Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Doctor can you save her?




She's a rag doll from my youth. I got her from my Aunt P in CT. I still love her and I wanna bring her back to life. I am not the worlds most accomplished seamstress although I have always wanted to be but after successfully patching the ripped off faces of some dearly loved stuffed animals I feel i could do Maeve some justice. OK OK I have washed her numerous times and her head is dense as stone so this is more complicated than it looks. I'm talking a complete stuffing transfusion. I will enter at the hairline so no one can see the stitches. The hairline itself is questionable and has been attached by a safety pin for about ten years now.


I have to come to a decision and quick as to what kind of marmalade i will make for my lucky raffle winner? Orange is so done so it is between grapefruit and lemon. I may even enter it in the make it from scratch contest over at Stop the Ride but we will see.


Now this will really make you rethink the family tree !! The NY TIMES has a really interesting article on parasites DNA and Human Migration.
Don't forget my walk Still time to donate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...

I still have my stuffed bear {applesauce}. He was given to me the day I was born. I got lucky, he is in good condition, still sqeaks after 29 years.

Maggie said...

applesauce is a fabulous name. I have some childhood toys in better condition but soon Maeve will be looking a bit more chipper. Thanks for stopping by Phelan.

Maggie said...

Mom and Dads' donation puts them into the raffle, that will be an easy handoff if they come out the winner. Check back to see:)

Anonymous said...

Poor Poor Maeve did the new dog get a hold of her? D.