Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chew on that




Popeye announced today that he hates the sound of his chew. Mind you he stated this with a mouthful of cheez-its. He said he is changing his chew. When I asked what he was changing it to he stated very matter of fact ish that everyone at his school had a nice chew that sounded like Pixies and he was now going to try and sound like her chew. Scariest thing is that I completely understood this conversation and tried to assure Popeye that in fact his chew sounded different only because he was hearing it all muffled and close. He did not buy my suggestions and stole off to study the sound of his chew alone in his bedroom. Last time I saw him he was plopped down in front of the mirror obsessing over an open mouth of orange crackers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darnest things.

Maggie said...

and they obsess worry over the funniest things huh? I'm worried about my 401k and their college fund and hes worried about the unpleasant sound of his chew:)

Carla said...

That is really very funny. Kids put everything into perspective, don't they?

Anonymous said...

He may not like the sound, but he sure enjoyed the taste. What a mug.